Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

There are books so alive that you're always afraid that while you weren't reading, the book has gone and changed, has shifted like a river; while you went on living, it went on living too, and like a river moved on and moved away. No one has stepped twice into the same river. But did anyone ever step twice into the same book?
~Marina Tsvetaeva


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been a horrible blogger the past couple months and I would blame it on school but honestly I haven't been a particularly good student either. It's not for lack of material to blog about since there was the Inferno festival here in Oslo, another trip to Copenhagen, and a handful of books to write about but I just haven't done any of it.  And I can't do it right now either. I have a presentation to finish for a conference I'm attending next week in Prague about Metal, Music, and Politics where I'm discussing the use of history in metal music to create a new national and personal identity. After Prague I then have a 10 page paper due for my Poetic Edda class that I will have a week and a half to research and write because on the 23rd I'm going back to Canada for a couple weeks. I'll be participating in a conference in Waterloo being hosted by the awesome Wilfrid Laurier University and University of Waterloo(boo!). While at home I will see a bunch of friends and family I've missed in the past year and enjoy some awesome (mostly BBQed) food. I have a couple adventures planned for the summer but nothing is finalized yet so I'm not going to talk about it, but I'm very excited for the possibilities.
OK I should get back to work. The hardest part about writing this paper is that I'm dealing with one of my major issues of my thesis and I haven't fully developed my arguments for them yet and I have a significant amount of work to do before I can say anything really conclusively. So it'll be a work in progress paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment